CCBC Interior Design Projects:
Made in America: Carroll Mansion Living Room August 2015 – July 2016
Design Implementation Course Description: Students to develop plans and proposal for the redesign of a room using American made furnishings designed with in a historical context reflecting the American aesthetic in the Carroll Mansion, Baltimore Maryland in conjunction with the All American House Project by the Made: In America organization. Student Team: Crystal Evans, Jason Fischer, Kate Gomprecht, Laura Fitzpatrick, Nodji Maouyo, Sherrie Rashid, Dee Rollins and Ashley Williams. Faculty Lead: Laura Kimball
Tour the House here: http://bausphotography.com/3d-model/800-east-lombard-street-baltimore-md-21202/ David Baus of Baus Photography (former CCBC Photography student) created a virtual tour of the Carroll Mansion designed spaces.
Awards and Recognition:
2016 MADE: in America, All American House at the Carroll Mansion in Baltimore City.
- Award: “Best in Design” for CCBC Living Room Design at the Carroll Mansion
- Award Category: “Best in Use of Materials” for CCBC Living Room Design at the Carroll Mansion
- Certificate of Recognitionfrom Baltimore City Mayor Stephanie Rawlings Blake for their role in the transformation of the historic Carroll Mansion.
2016 ASID Maryland and Home & Design Magazine Student Design Competition
- Category: COLLABORATIVE GROUP PROJECT Award: 1st place
Project: Carroll Mansion Living Room in Baltimore City, 2016 All American House Student Collaborative Project Note: unanimously perfect scores from the judges on this project entry
- Home & Design Magazine, Late Fall 2016, pdf:home-and-design-fall-2016-asid-md-awards (note: typo, it should read Carroll Mansion) web link: http://www.homeanddesign.com/2016/10/25/design-scene-9
- Baltimore Sun: http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/home-garden/bs-re-all-american-house-20160429-story.html