Welcome! We accept many other interior design program transfer credits. If your previous coursework is not a close enough match to our Interior Design courses we can also offer credit by exam and credit by portfolio for some courses.
1. Start by completing the CCBC application: https://www.ccbcmd.edu/Get-Started/Applying-to-CCBC.aspx
2. Mail ALL previous college official transcripts to:
CCBC Registrar’s Office
7201 Rossville Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21237
(Please note: A transcript is considered “Official” when it is received in an original, sealed envelope from the issuing institution. Any transcript submitted that has been removed from the official, sealed envelope is considered UNOFFICIAL and transfer credit cannot be awarded for the transcript.)
3. Advising: Laura Kimball, Interior Design Program Coordinator will be your college advisor, you will want to schedule a time to meet and plan your course schedule. Also bring a copy of your transcript(s) to the meeting (this can be a printed unofficial copy).
- Depending on the courses you have completed at previous colleges, you may or may not need to take the college placements exams for English & Math
- Coming from another college, you may not need to take our ACDV course.
- CCBC will accept a maximum of 75% of the credits required for a certificate or degree, through a combination of transfer and Prior Learning Assessment (PLA). In order to receive an associate degree from CCBC, the transfer applicant must fulfill the credit and curriculum requirements of the major. Students must complete a minimum of 25% of their credits through CCBC coursework to satisfy residency requirements at CCBC. (Most degrees are 60 credits, so 75% is 45 credits and 25% is 15 credits.) http://catalog.ccbcmd.edu/content.php?catoid=26&navoid=1536